Safe Doses of Resveratrol2010-02-12
Many people might have doubt of having high dosage of resveratrol intake. Below shows some of the publication related to Resveratrol Dosage on Human and Animal studies.
- ★ The first toxicity test on high-dose resveratrol was conducted in 2002. No toxic effect of 20mg/kg.day resveratrol intake. (Equivalent to 1.4g intake for a 70kg adult) Juan ME，et al. The daily oral administration of high doses of trans-resveratrol to rats for 28 days is not harmful．J Nutr 2002; 132: 257-260． (http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/reprint/132/2/257)
- ★ No Toxic effect when the intake increased to 50mg/kg.day. Marier J F,et al. Metabolism and disposition of resveratrol in rats: Marier J F,et al. Metabolism and disposition of resveratrol in rats: Extent of absorption, glucuronidation, and enterohepatic recirculation evidenced by a linked-rat model. J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 2002; 302: 369–373. (http://jpet.aspetjournals.org/cgi/reprint/302/1/369)
- ★ Below publication shows 300mg/kg. day is a safe dose for mice (Equivalent to 21kg intake for a 70kg adult)Cornwell JA, et al. Resveratrol-Associated Renal Toxicity. Toxicol Sci 2004; 82: 614–619. (http://toxsci.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/reprint/82/2/614)
- ★ In 2007, Daily consumption of high concentration resveratrol (0.5, 1, 2.5 and 5g) did not cause adverse effects, However it was converted rapidly into conjugated metabolites in the liver and intestine. Boocock DJ, et al. Phase I Dose Escalation Pharmacokinetic Study in Healthy Volunteers of Resveratrol, a Potential Cancer Chemopreventive Agent. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 2007;16(6):1246–52. (http://cebp.aacrjournals.org/cgi/reprint/16/6/1246)
Based on the data of animal tests and clinic trials, Institute of Medicine under American National Academy of Sciences decided not to set tolerable upper intake level for resveratrol.
【Please refer to Dietary Reference Intakes: The Essential Guide to Nutrient Requirements，Jennifer J. Otten, Jennifer Pitzi Hellwig, Linda D. Meyers, Editors，http://www.nap.edu/catalog/11537.html】
- Previous posts：Metabolism of Resveratrol in Human Body